Effective Date: 3/1/2022
INFORMATION COLLECTEDExec Rent A Car respects the privacy of the information our customers entrust to us. This Notice of Collection of Personal Information applies to both the online and offline collection of your personal information. Below are the categories that we collect and the purposes for which the information is used. Our collection of personal data over the past twelve (12) months depends upon the manner in which a visitor uses the website, but would not include anything other than what is described below. Below is the types of personal information we have collected about consumers during the last 12 months: CONTACT INFORMATION, including:
- Phone numbers
- Email addresses
- Driver's license information, including date of birth and photographs you submit of you and your driver's license.
- Insurance information
- Proof of residence
- Personal references
Transaction Information, including:
- Vehicle rental information
- Rental and return locations
- Dates of the rental
- Type of rental and your vehicle preference
- Ancillary products purchased
- Airline and flight number
- Photographs you submit of receipts through the camera feature available on some of our mobile applications and websites
- Billing information
- Credit Card information
Loyalty and Affiliation Information, including:
- Exec Rent A Car loyalty information
- Online user account details
- Corporate Account ID numbers
- Membership numbers
- Information related to details of accidents involving our vehicles, including that of any third parties such as involved individuals, witnesses, and police reports
Health Information, including:
- Information about relevant health conditions you have that assist us in providing you with adaptive driving devices; or related to claims involving injuries
Optional Information, including:
- Emergency contact information
- Any preferences or special requirements you may have
When using our Websites and Mobile Applications
Browser Information, including:
- Web logs
- Device Information, including:
- Unique device identifiers
- IP address
- Operating system
- Precise geo-location information
Connected Car and Telematics Data:
We collect and use vehicle data as follows:
- Fuel information: We use this information to facilitate recording and billing for fuel charges.
- Odometer information: We use this information to facilitate billing for mileage charges (where applicable) and to help us manage our fleet.
- Vehicle diagnostic and performance information: We use such information to help us identify vehicle maintenance needs and manage the fleet.
- Information to help us issue certain commands to the vehicle to facilitate your CarShare or Car Club transaction: For example, we collect information that enables us to remotely unlock or lock the vehicle doors.
- Location information: We collect and use vehicle location information to:
- Enable our roadside assistance providers to provide you roadside assistance.
- Enable emergency service providers to dispatch emergency services to you.
- Assist us in recovering a vehicle we reasonably believe is lost, stolen or abandoned.
- To facilitate the start and stop time for CarShare and Car Club billing purposes.
- Event data recorders: In certain claims situations we may use this information in connection with accident investigations and claims-related efforts.
- Legally Compelled Disclosure and Emergency Circumstances: We may share vehicle information, including location information, where legally compelled or in emergency circumstances. In addition, in the United Kingdom and European Union, our vehicles are required to be equipped with eCall technology, which is activated if your vehicle is involved in an accident. eCall will automatically call and provide information regarding the accident to emergency services. We will also use, disclose and have access to this information.
We retain vehicle information based on retention periods in accordance with our business needs and legal requirements. We may use and store this data after the expiration of our contract with you.
Infotainment Systems and Vehicle Manufacturer Apps
If you pair a mobile device with our vehicles' navigation or infotainment systems and choose to use OnStar, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto or other similar third-party software or services on the vehicle, personal information and other data may be transferred from the mobile device and stored on these systems. We cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of such information. You should delete all such personal information and other data from these systems before the vehicle is returned to avoid subsequent occupants of the vehicle accessing this information.
If you download a mobile app made available by a vehicle manufacturer or other third party and register the vehicle in that app, your use of the app may result in the sharing of telematics data and other information (including location information and personal information) with the vehicle manufacturer or other third party. Your use of these apps is strictly governed by the third-party mobile apps' terms and conditions and privacy policies. Before the vehicle is returned, you should either remove the app from your mobile device or delete the vehicle from the app.
- Essential. Some cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of our website. Without these cookies, we cannot enable appropriate content based on the type of device you are using.
COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN
Our Services are not intended for children, and none of our Services are designed to attract children. We do not knowingly collect or use personal information from children, without the prior verifiable consent of a parental guardian for children under 13 or prior verifiable personal consent for children between the ages of 13 and 16. In the event that we learn that a person under the age of 16 has provided personal information to us, without such consent we will delete such personal information as soon as possible.
Sale of Personal Information
Exec Rent A Car does not sell your personal information to Third Parties. If you have questions about the sale or disclosure of your personal information, please contact us using the contact methods provided at the end of this Privacy Statement.
We provide you the opportunity to opt-out of marketing communications by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in email communications or by contacting us using the contact information provided below. We will process your request as soon as possible in accordance with applicable law, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until the unsubscribe is processed.
Additionally, we may send you information regarding our Services, such as information about changes to our policies and other notices and disclosures required by law. Generally, users cannot opt-out of these communications, but they will be primarily informational in nature, rather than promotional.
Our Site contains links to other sites. Exec Rent A Car is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other sites. If you have any questions about how these other sites use your information, you should review their policies and contact them directly.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits visitors to the Services who are California residents to request certain information, once a year, regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send us an email using the contact information provided below and put “Shine the Light Request” in the subject line of your email. We do not disclose your information to third parties other than to those shown in our Notice of Collection of Personal Information, which lists the categories of personal information we collect from consumers and the purposes for collecting the information.
From January 1, 2020 California Consumers have the following additional rights:
Right to Know
- You have the right to request information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, as well as the categories of sources from which such information is collected, the purpose for collecting such information, and the categories of third parties with whom we share such information. Please see above.
- You have the right to request information about our sale or disclosure for business purposes of your personal information to third parties in the preceding 12 months. Please see above.
Right to delete
- You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information. Please note that notwithstanding your request, California law permits us to retain certain categories of personal information for numerous purposes, including to complete a transaction, to perform a contract, and to comply with a legal obligation. You may submit a request to delete your personal information by using our toll-free telephone number or emailing us. See CONTACT US below
Right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information
- We do not sell your personal information
Right to non-discrimination
- You have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of these rights.
We do not sell or knowingly collect the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
If you would like to exercise one or more of the rights above, please contact us using the contact information provided below. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. Such authorized agent must be registered with the California Secretary of State. We may deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
We may need to confirm your verifiable consumer request before completing your request, and, for example, may ask for you to confirm data points we already have about you. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
NOTICE REGARDING PUBLIC POSTING AREAS
Please note that any information you include in a message you post to any public posting area is available to anyone with Internet access. If you do not want people to know your email address, for example, do not include it in any message you post publicly. PLEASE BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN DISCLOSING ANY INFORMATION IN PUBLIC POSTING AREAS. Exec Rent A Car IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY OTHERS OF THE INFORMATION THAT YOU DISCLOSE IN PUBLIC POSTING AREAS.
We implement reasonable security measures to ensure the security of your personal information. Please understand, however, that no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, Exec Rent A Car cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to is done at your own risk. If we learn of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. We may post a notice via our website if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
In the event that all or part of our assets are sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign the personal information collected via the Services.
Choice of Law
We reserve the right to change this Policy from time to time. When we do, we will also revise the “Effective Date” at the top of this Policy. If we make material changes to the Policy, we will notify you by placing a prominent notice on our website and/or by sending you an email at the email address we have on file for you. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy to keep up to date on how we are handling your personal information.
How we respond to do not track signals
We treat user-enabled privacy controls, such as a browser plugin or privacy setting, that communicates or signals the consumer's choice to opt-out of the sale of their personal information, as a valid request to opt-out. We do not sell your personal information.
Additional Formats, Accessibility and Languages
1829 E Garvey Ave North
West Covina, CA 91791
This page was last changed on March 01, 2022 and applies to citizens of the United States.